The European Truck Parking Area LABEL Project
LABEL is a € 2.7 million European Commission - DG MOVE - part funded project, aimed at establishing and encouraging a certification system, with broad acceptability, for Truck Parking Areas in Europe.
The full title of this project is Creating a Label for (Secured) Truck Parking Areas along the Trans-European Road Network and Defining a Certification Process. Including Online Information Facility.
LABEL is about
- creating a Label for (Secured) Truck Parking Areas along the Trans-European Road Network
- defining, setting up, implementing and evaluating a certification process including an online information facility
- communicating with interest groups and disseminating the results.
LABEL's stated objectives are to
- validate existing draft international standards for adequate facilities for professional drivers
- have at least 70 (truck park area) sites certified in at least 10 Member States.
The project duration is 29 months, starting September 2008.
- view LABEL Newsletter N° 1
- view LABEL Newsletter N° 2
- view LABEL Newsletter N° 3
- view LABEL Newsletter N° 4